In the role of Application’s engineer you will be providing a ‘cradle-to-grave’ service to understand, plan and expedite the requirements of customer technical requests (CTR’s) and achieve their completion on time and to the agreed specification. Proactively communicate and resolve any exceptions to your plan.
Reporting to the Technical Applications Manager, and working in a multi-disciplined team you will be responsible for the project management and satisfaction of technical requests received from our customers.
– Clearly define the requirements of each CTR and agree these with the customer stakeholder.
– Schedule available resources to create and publish a visible and time phased plan to CTR completion.
– Monitor the progress of your CTR plan and communicate exceptions that may arise.
– Co-ordinate business resources to resolve CTR exceptions and communicate the impact to your CTR plan.
– Expedite the completion of your plan to CTR completion and/or first production order.
Skills & Knowledge
– Educated to a minimum of HND level or equivalent in Electronic or Electrical Engineering.
– A strong engineering background of electro-mechanical products.
– Knowledge of 2D/3D CAD.
– Project Management skills and experience.
– Ability to drive and affect project delivery.
– Good communication and relationship skills.
– Problem solver.
– Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
– Working to deadlines.
– Commercial awareness.
To be successful in this role, you will be personally motivated by a desire to operate in a planned and organised manner taking personal satisfaction from overcoming obstacles to achieve excellent customer service.
For tasks requiring your personal attention, an absolute commitment must extend to doing as you said you would within the time-frame you agreed to do so. Your integrity as an employee will be discerned in relation to your ability to achieve this.
– 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
– Company pension scheme
– Employee benefits scheme
– Free car parking