The role is responsible for the Supervision of the in-house maintenance team and the Mechanical & Electrical building services within a critical Data Centre environment. The individual will report to the Facilities, Critical Environments Manager and deliver the activities of the operation to meet agreed service objectives in accordance with our client’s Risk appetite which for Critical Facilities and Data Centres is 100% up time. This role ensures that the client’s Services and ensures their Data Centre resilience.
Who we are looking for:
- – Required a minimum of BTEC / C&G level 3 Electrical qualification in a relevant engineering maintenance and /or installation discipline (or equivalent).
- – Relevant Building Services Engineering experience i.e. apprentice qualified and a minimum of 5 years practical experience as a qualified engineer.
- – Monitoring, operating and reporting of ‘environmental’ equipment, including HVAC, UPS, generators, fire alarm systems, etc.
- – Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to relate at all levels including members and employees.
- – Experience in Critical Engineering activity and team working. Ability to Provide advice as a Technical specialist.
- – Working knowledge of the technical requirements and design of critical power and cooling infrastructures for data centres and cabinet mounted IT equipment.
- – Experience or knowledge of the working practices of Data Centre Uptime principles.
What you’ll be doing:
- – Manage the Data Centre operational activity within client. Build long term and sustainable relationships with 3rd Party specialist sub-contractors who specialise in resilience and Data Centre Building Services Engineering.
- – Work closely with the Facilities, Manager Critical Environments Manager, Procurement and Finance Managers to ensure that spend / cost data is reconciled and reported.
- – Manage Statutory Compliance regimes through the various ‘planned preventative maintenance’regime lines activities to ensure that targets and statutory/legislative compliance is achieved.
- – Responsible to ensure these high standards are maintained in respect of Technical Compliance and resilience and that service delivery is in line with the Data Centre Up Time requirements.
- – Ensure full understanding of any changes and development in legislation and working practices that may affect the Societies operations and/or present new opportunities.
- – Ensure that the team is informed, motivated and trained so that service objectives are met in the most efficient and effective manner
- – Solves day to day problems which may impact Critical facilities.
- – To manage performance to ensure that customer satisfaction is a key measure of success. This will be achieved through a mixture of technical Facilities competence and behavioural competence