The purpose of the Employee Engagement Manager is to achieve growth within the business, you will be responsible for identifying business opportunities to support employers and learners to undertake apprenticeships and professional qualifications with work based learning. The ideal candidate would have a knowledge of the market, a strong negotiator where you can confidently close business deals, increase sales, managing existing clients and identifying their requirements.
The person in this role must develop a rapport with new clients and implement strategies to provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
it is the employee engagement manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the training options the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
- – Maintaining a strong knowledge of product offer within WBL
- -Engaging with the Training Plan and staying up-to-date with market demands
- – Contributing to the Product Development process to introduce new products to delivery/training plan
- – Managing and reporting on the sales pipeline
- – Managing the sales revenue to meet set targets from Business Plan
- – Work with Centre Manager for appropriate resourcing of course
New Business Development
- – Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business
- – Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- – Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- – Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- – Research and build relationships with new clients.
- – Set up meetings between client decision makers
- – Plan approaches and pitches.
- – Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- – Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- – Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- – Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- – Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- – Work with colleagues to meet customer needs.
- – Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- – Attend industry functions, events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- – Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- – Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales and work closely with marketing to evolve this effectively.
- – Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research (KPIs)
- – Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- – Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s MIS system
- – Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- – Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- – Networking
- – Persuasive skills
- – Public speaking
- – Research
- – Closing a deal
- – Good business sense
- – Good communication skills
- – A positive attitude
- – Negotiation skills
- – Working on own initiative
- – Writing reports
- – Providing management with feedback
- – Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- – Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
- – Identifying clients’ needs and translating them into business
- – Supporting with the development of marketing materials
- – Planning and presenting using PowerPoint (or similar)
- – Using a CRM effectively
- – Meeting Sales targets
* Due to the nature of the role an enhanced DBS will be required prior to starting the role*