We are looking for an enthusiastic Kitchen Porter to join our client’s highly motivated, rewarding and friendly Catering team. This is an amazing opportunity for you to develop your skills and experience within the catering industry.
The Kitchen Porter will be responsible for assisting the chefs with the day to day running of the kitchen. The efficient and effective washing of all pot, pans and crockery throughout the business. You will be expected to maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen, the IPU pantry and the patient and customer food environment including responsibility for the collection of soiled crockery and cutlery and its cleaning. This will be actioned on a timely basis to ensure the smooth running of the service and to enable the chefs to deliver the high performing menu across the week. Pot washing is a key element of the role and will normally be actioned by means of the dishwasher but may occasionally require hand washing action.
There will be opportunity to develop skills for the future, if interested, through learning basic food preparation but this is not a core job role nor requirement.
Hours: 30 hours per week (9am-3pm) Monday to Friday
- – Evidences a successful track record within the catering sector in a similar role.
- – Positive oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, visitors, patients and staff.
- – Displays a can-do attitude and a positive approach to learning in the role.
- – Self-motivated and able to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- – Ability to work effectively as part of a team, supporting others to deliver their tasks.
- – 27 days annual leave entitlement (pro-rata for part-time)
- – Occupational health and Employee Assistance Programme
- – Family-friendly policies and practice
- – Supportive induction, and training and development
- – Free parking