Experienced Software Engineer
You will work within a Software Engineering team to further develop a world class, web-based, healthcare platform.
- Working alongside an experienced team of developers to implement features, resolve bugs and develop technical improvements
- Following Agile development methodologies to deliver high quality, working software on a timely basis
- Performing code reviews and contributing to technical design discussions
- Working with the broader business, including QA and Product teams, in a professional and adaptable manner, to ensure the completion of projects in line with customer and business expectations
Essential Skills & Experience:
- A background in computer science and software engineering
- Extensive experience working as a back-end developer on enterprise level, object orientated PHP applications.
- Comfortable working as part of an Agile team, in a collaborative environment where sharing of ideas and working together is encouraged.
- Able to solve complex business problems using PHP code
- A strong grasp of object orientated programming principles, patterns and practices.
- Recent and substantial experience using the Symfony framework (v2 or above)
- A good understanding of both monolithic and distributed Web application architecture, including the HTTP protocol, session management, APIs and authentication.
- Experience using BASH, Vagrant and GIT on a daily basis
- A good level of fluency in SQL, familiarity with database administration and optimisation
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Testing frameworks such as PHPUnit and Codeception
- Prior experience with other programming languages. The ability and willingness to pick up new languages quickly when required will be a definite bonus.
- Experience of queue technologies (eg RabbitMQ) advantageous
- Experience of other relevant technologies, such as CI, build and test automation (Jenkins) and containerisation (Docker).
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite of software including Jira, Bitbucket and Confluence
- Fluency in English (written/oral)
- Innovative and collaborative mind-set
- Honest and accountable
- Customer and business orientated