Qualified Light Vehicle Technician Required
Our company is expanding and we are looking to hire an Light Vehicle Technician to join our team. You should have demonstrated experience as an auto mechanic on cars and will be responsible for diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing customer vehicles.
- Perform maintenance and repair on customer vehicles.
- Identify problems with vehicles using the diagnostic equipment.
- Explain automotive repairs and issues and provide great customer service.
- Plan repair procedures using charts manuals and experience.
- Test the functionality of parts and systems
- Perform basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, and tyre rotation.
- Repair and replace brake pads, wheel bearings, sensors and other parts.
- Perform routine maintenance and general mechanic work on vehicles.
- Prepared to get additional training as and when needed.
- Willingness to learn with hands-on training.
- Help keep the workshop clean and organised.
- Keep a professional appearance.
Automotive Technician Requirements:
- 5 years Automotive and engine repair experience required.
- Hold a valid driver license.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Must read, interpret and record data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform routine maintenance and other tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use the diagnostic equipment preferred
- Experience with both diesel and petrol engines required.
- Prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
Normal working hours are 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday and will be required to work Saturdays on a rota basis which will be paid as overtime.